Friday, June 22, 2018

Chili Cheese Dog Sliders

I will admit, one of my guilty pleasures is hot dogs.  I'm glad to see I can buy nitrate free wieners without antibiotics and preservatives now.  I feel slightly better about eating them.  This was a quick easy Friday night dinner made with my favorite potato buns. (I don't like to cook on Fridays very often).

  • Cooking spray, for pan
  • 12 slider buns
  • 2 cups shredded old cheddar
  • 6 nitrate free hot dogs
  • 1 (15-oz.) can Hot & Spicy chili
  • 1/2 small white onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives, for garnish 
I preheated the oven to 375°F.  I covered a 9"x 13" cake pan lightly with cooking spray.  I sliced the buns in half and put the bottom half into the pan.


I sprinkled half the cheese over.


I cut the hot dogs lengthwise but not through to the other side.  I folded them open and then cut them in half.  So, a half wiener on each bun.  


I dolloped the chili over each dog and then piled on the onions and remainder of cheese.




I put the top buns on.  I brushed the butter, mixed with garlic powder over.


I put the into the oven until the cheese was melted, about 20 minutes in my oven.


I garnished with chives.  I served.


These were exactly what you'd expect, what you see is what you get.  I liked the white onion best!





No comments:

Post a Comment