Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Pork Medallions with Marsala Pan Sauce

As my favorite daytime t.v. show (the only one I DVR'd) "The Chew" came to an end, I made one last recipe of Michael Symon's.  I loved the show and took it for granted after 7 years.  I never thought about it being cancelled.  It was my favorite thing to watch on a Saturday marathon and I was inspired by so many of their dishes.  I still have lots of recipes bookmarked, so I hope they don't come down from the web...

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 pound pork tenderloin (cut into 1-inch medallions)
  • 1 cup cremini mushrooms (stemmed, thinly sliced)
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
  • 1 shallot (peeled, minced)
  • 1/4 cup marsala wine
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (stripped from stems)
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Season the pork medallions with salt and pepper and place into the saute pan.


Allow to sear, without moving pork, until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.


Flip the pork medallions and sear on the other side until golden brown about 1-2 minutes more.


Add the mushrooms to the pan, along with 1 tablespoon of butter and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.


Add the shallots, and 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and toss to combine. Cook until the shallot has softened, about 2 minutes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.


Deglaze the pan with marsala wine, scraping up any of the brown bits. Stir in the chicken stock and thyme and cook sauce for another 5-6 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced slightly. I discovered I didn't have fresh thyme, everything else but..., so I used parsley.


Remove the pork medallions to a serving plate or platter. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and stir until melted. Spoon the marsala pan sauce on top of the pork medallions and serve immediately.  I served with quinoa and garnished with parsley.


We thought this was really tasty.  Marsala makes such a wonderful pan sauce.  This dish was relatively easy to make for a weeknight dinner.  Win Win.  Sad couple of weeks for me in food losing this show and Chef Anthony Bourdain.  😢 R.I.P. Chef...

No comments:

Post a Comment