Wednesday, June 20, 2018

New Potato Salad with Shallots, Parsley and Vinaigrette

I got this one from chef Jamie Oliver.  I love it when the little nugget potatoes come in season.  I always pick them up at the grocery store, once or twice or ten times until they disappear...

  • 2 lbs new nugget potatoes , washed
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 small shallots , very finely chopped
  • 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
I boiled the potatoes whole in some salted water over medium-high heat.


I cooked them until a paring knife pierced them easily which was 15 minutes.  I drained and cooled with cold water until I could handle them.  I sliced them in halves and put them aside.


In a separate salad bowl, I whisked the mustard, vinegar, S&P and olive oil together.



I mixed in the shallots and parsley and tossed with the potatoes.


I checked the seasoning, covered and put in the fridge until dinner was ready.  I served this with grilled tri-tip steak which I bought at Costco today.


This salad went really well with the tri-tip.  The parsley vinaigrette was similar to a chimichurri sauce so I enjoyed them both together.  The potatoes were perfectly cooked and not mushy in the slightest.  Flavors were bright and enjoyable.  This wasn't the best potato salad I've ever had, but it paired really nicely with that steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment