Sunday, May 5, 2019

Baked Ravioli with Marinara Sauce Appetizer

I learned this recipe a long time ago, but I can't remember where...We were going to watch "Game of Thrones" at a neighbors and they asked that we bring some finger foods.  I thought of this, as it was easy.  I also made this one which is even easier and always a hit - plus it played into "Cinco de Mayo".  What I used:
  • 500 grams gourmet Grilled Chicken and Mozzarella Ravioli (from Costco)
  • 1/2 cup Olive Garden Italian salad dressing (from Costco)
  • 1/2 cup fresh Parmigiana Reggiano, grated (from Costco)
  • 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons, crushed with mallet
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste 
  • 3/4 cup Rao's marinara sauce, warmed for dipping

I preheated the oven to 375°F.  First thing I did was line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  I used cooking spray on it.


In a bowl, I mixed the cheese, mixed crumbs, Italian seasoning and pepper until well combined.  


I lightly boiled the ravioli for 3 minutes in salted water and then drained.  In the same pot I added the salad dressing with the ravioli and tossed until well coated.


I dipped each ravioli into the crumb coating and then laid these flat on the parchment paper.  I gave them a quick coating with the cooking spray.  


I popped these into the oven for 15 minutes, until the coating was browned.


I packed these up along with the heated marinara sauce and they were to be served immediately.  Good thing we only had to cross a courtyard to get to my neighbors.  We tried one first, of course.


Mmmm, this is a great, quick appy.  You can use whatever ravioli, Italian dressing, marinara, crumbs you prefer.  I used my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment