Monday, May 6, 2019

Cedar Planked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs

I planned to do burgers on the grill tonight, however, I remembered I had a pack of chicken in the fridge that I was going to cook yesterday and didn't get to it.  I was going to make my own teriyaki marinade for it.  It had to be used tonight so when I  got home I soaked a plank for 2 hours and marinated the chicken.  I just used Olive Garden Italian dressing, crushed chili flakes and Italian seasoning.



I patted the chicken dry with paper towels and seasoned the thighs with fresh cracked pepper.


I laid these flat in a Ziploc and put them into the fridge.


I don't know how I missed this last year, but I've now learned you're supposed to get the plank to smoking and then flip it before you put the food on it.


This is what I did tonight.  I heated the grill to 500ºF.  I'd be using my meat thermometer to try and reach 165ºF which I did.  I bought my planks online at Costco so got this serving tray with it.  I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.


I served with some roasted red potatoes and onions.  I garnished with Italian parsley.  The chicken was perfectly cooked and tender.  The smoked cedar taste was mild, but present.  I do wish I would have marinated it longer and done the teriyaki though.



No comments:

Post a Comment