Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Chicken, Snap Pea, Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry

I recently learned that my son loves sugar snap peas so I decided to use them for dinner tonight.  I made some long grain brown rice when I came in the door first.  I made this dinner without care or finesse.  It may show in my pictures?  I was too lazy to blog my sauce tonight, but it was similar to this one.  I was watching the "Survivor - 38th season" finale, I was busy with that and cooking was a rare chore tonight!  😊

  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 3 cloves of garlic, diced finely
  • 1 inch nub of fresh ginger, diced finely
  • 2 packs of sugar snap peas, rinsed well
  • 5 stalks of baby bok choy, rinsed well, ends trimmed off and cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1/2 large onion, sliced thinly
  • Avocado oil, as needed
  • Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

I started by sauteing the chicken in oil until lightly browned.  I seasoned with S&P.  I stirred in the garlic, onions and ginger at the end and cooked until the onions were tender.


Below is the garlic and ginger before they went in the pan.


I added the snap peas and baby bok choy.



I stir fried a couple more minutes.  I dumped the sauce in and combined well.


I simmered until sauce was thickened and everything was well coated with it and chicken was cooked through.


I served over the rice and garnished with sesame seeds.


For my son, I'll include snap peas in the stir-fry from now on.  He loved them.  For a rushed dinner made without much care or love, it was pretty tasty.  I wish "Survivor" had the ending I was hoping for (Devens - I cried that he didn't win but Chris was my 2nd because I liked his end game).  I am used to "not winning" on reality t.v....SIGH...😉

No comments:

Post a Comment