Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Avocado Toast with Cloud Eggs

I read about and watch food t.v. daily but never heard of a "cloud egg" before.  When I saw it on my news feed, I decided to give it a try for my son.  He's a big avocado toast fan and I make it for him all the time.  I use premium bakery bread in a nice thick slice, toasted.  I put some cream cheese on, 2 slices of black forest ham, followed by diced avocado, a sprinkle of "everything bagel" seasoning and then usually over easy eggs.  Today would be cloud eggs instead.


  • 2 eggs, fresh from farm
  • Pinch of kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
  • 1 bottom half of green onion, sliced thinly for garnish

Preheat oven to 425°F, then line a baking sheet with parchment.


Separate egg whites from yolks into a large bowl. Keep yolks intact in ramekins. Beat egg whites and salt with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.


Fold in Parmesan. Divide mixture into 2 mounds about 3 inches wide. Use the back of a spoon to make deep wells in centre of mounds.


Bake about 5 min. Remove from oven and add a yolk to each well.


Continue baking until whites are firm but yolks are cooked to your preference, about 3 more minutes. Serve on toast.  Season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper and garnish with green onion.


Son liked this dish very much.  I tasted the "clouds" and they were so fluffy and Parmesan forward.  Very tasty!  They look beautiful too, don't they?



No comments:

Post a Comment