Sunday, April 12, 2020

Maple, Pecan, Chocolate Chip Jumbo Muffins

Happy 🐰 Easter!  We're ordering in dinner tonight, supporting a local restaurant in this pandemic time, so no cooking today.  A nice splurge and treat for both of us.  I decided to make my son muffins for breakfast.  What I used:

  • 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
  • 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cup pure maple syrup 🍁
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup organic 1% m.f. buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
  • 1 large farm fresh egg
  • 1 cup pecans, crushed lightly with mallet in a Ziploc baggy
  • 1 cup pure semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Organic golden sugar for muffin tops
I used cooking spray on my 6 cup muffin tin.  I preheated the oven to 375°F.  I got 2 bowls out, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet.  In one, I mixed the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.


Then I added in the chocolate chips and pecans.  In the other bowl, I whisked the buttermilk, vanilla, maple syrup, oil and egg.


With a spatula, I folded the wet into the dry making sure everything was mixed but not overly so.  I filled each muffin cup evenly and then sprinkled a pinch of the sugar over the tops.


These went in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  The house sure smelled good!


I let rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then moved each muffin to a rack to finish cooling  


I served cut in half and slathered with butter while still warm.  I also made coffee for him to have with his cake.  😉


Son loved them, and I figured he would.  The sweetness was just right with the maple syrup.  The nuts and chocolate chips gave great texture and flavor.  These came out very nicely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment