Friday, October 1, 2021

Lemon Brownies/Blondies

I had company coming and I was making 3 courses.  I almost bought dessert but it got tough as I wanted to make sure I served something they'd like.  I know lemon is okay with them so came up with this, as it's easy.  I decided I could make it the night before as well and if it sucked, I could pick something up the day of...

  • 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup organic sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice with zest of 2 organic lemons
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
     GLAZE:
    • 1 cup powdered icing sugar
    • 1 organic lemon juiced and zested

    I preheated the oven to 350°F.  I coated a 9" x 9" cake pan with cooking spray and then lined it with parchment paper in 2 layers with handles so I could remove it easily.  


    In my stand mixer I used the paddle attachment and at medium speed beat the sugar, zest and butter until light and fluffy.  I added the eggs, one by one followed by the lemon juice and mixed only until combined.  The flour and salt was next and when just mixed in I poured into cake pan.  



    It was very thick so I used an offset spatula to spread it evenly.  This went into the oven for 25 minutes until no jiggles, lightly brown/blonde and no batter on toothpick.  


    I cooled on a rack for an hour before I poured the glaze over, spreading evenly with an offset spatula.  


    When the glaze hardened (1 hour later!!!!), I sliced into 9 squares.


    Taste tester son said if you like lemon it was a true delight.  He loves brownies and said it was terrific in that department as well.  I stored these on a parchment paper lined plate sealed in plastic wrap on the counter.  I really don't like icing sugar, it manages to get everywhere and leave a sticky mess with it!  I cleaned and wiped stickiness off the counters, dishes, sink, floor, etc. for a good while after I was done.  🙄


    I was rewarded for my dinner with these beautiful flowers!!!  


    No comments:

    Post a Comment