Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Pecan Pie Brownies

This is the time of the year my Costco always has these "Ghirardelli Brownies" box mix in stock.  I don't eat them but my son does so I bought them for him.  I decided to try and perk it up by making a topping and found this recipe.   I subbed maple syrup for the corn syrup.

  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 & 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (I crushed mine lightly with mallet in Ziploc)

            I read a few recipes that used box mixes and the information was mixed.  I decided the best idea was to follow the box directions and halfway through the bake time, add the topping.  


            I lined a 9" x 9" cake pan with parchment paper and coated it with cooking spray.  I prepared the brownie mix as per box instructions and baked for 25 minutes which was half the time.  


            While it was in the oven I whisked the above ingredients making sure the sugar was melted into the butter.  I combined well and poured it over the half-baked brownies.


            When they came out of the oven (I added 5 minutes as the top was too jiggly), I cooled on a rack for an hour.  Then as it was very late, I covered with double plastic wrap and put in the fridge to set overnight.  


            One word:  SWEET!!!!!  You definitely have to cut them small because of that.  I would never eat this.  It would be great for severe low blood sugars...


            As you can see, it was a fudgy, gooey, decadent delight...



            No comments:

            Post a Comment