Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Codfish Noodle Casserole

I had LOTS of leftovers from last night's dinner.  I decided to do something really easy and make a casserole out of it tonight.  I sprayed a non-stick 13" x 9" baking pan with "Pam".  I flaked the cod and I fished out all the green beans as I didn't want them in there.



I had some "No Yolks" noodles in the cupboard so got them out and boiled them per package directions.


I had some broccoli crowns, so made them into florets and added those.  I mixed in a can of Campbell's mushroom soup as well.  I think it's mandatory that it has be added if you're making a casserole, no?  😉 I grated some Swiss and Mozza cheese.  I stirred the Swiss (2 cups) in with the casserole.


I combined the noodles when they were cooked.


Lastly, I topped it with the Mozza cheese (2 cups) and some French's onions.


Costco sells these now by the big bag which was a nice find for me.


This went into a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes.  I let it rest for 10 minutes when it came out.



There's not really any nice way to plate it, so it is what it is.  And it was very good!  We enjoyed it.  The broccoli was still crisp and not mushy.  We like it that way.  The flavors were perfect for a casserole - comforting and rich.  We both liked the crispy onions the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment