Friday, January 11, 2019

Sautéed Kale with Onions, Garlic and Tomatoes

I loves me some kale.  Mmm Mmm.

  • 1 bunch of curly kale, stems stripped off and coarsely chopped
  • 5 cloves of peeled garlic
  • 2 cups of grape tomatoes, rinsed
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 3 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
  • Balsamic vinegar, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon raw unrefined sugar
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
I put the prepared kale in a colander and gave it a good rinse.  I patted it dry the best I could.


I took the olive oil and swirled it into a fry pan.  I put the onion and garlic in and stir fried over med-low heat until the garlic was golden brown.


I threw the tomatoes in the skillet.


I seasoned with S&P.  When they started to burst and blister, I squished them up (with a potato masher), and the garlic too.  I added the kale and covered the pan and lowered the heat to a simmer.  It was full going in but I wasn't worried as I knew it would shrink.


After 10 minutes I removed the lid and stirred until most of the liquid disappeared.  I put in a shake or two of balsamic vinegar, sugar and then freshly cracked pepper and kosher salt over.  I mixed it to combine.  I checked the seasoning and then it was time to serve.  I drizzled a little extra balsamic over my kale.


This was my side dish for pan-fried pacific snapper tonight.  This was good.  I enjoyed the braise in tomatoes.  It would be better with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese over it.  😉


No comments:

Post a Comment