Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Country Style Ribs

I used to see these ribs in the grocery store all the time about 20 years or more ago.  Now, hardly ever.  I did find them this week so decided to make it for dinner.  They're pretty easy to put together and can be meaty delicious if tender and crispy.

I made a quick BBQ rub of garlic and onion powder, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, chili pepper, smoked paprika, dry mustard and S&P.   

I coated/rubbed each rib with it and put them into a baking dish, fat side up.  

I added 1/4 cup of water and apple cider vinegar each to the bottom of the pan.  I covered tightly with foil and put into preheated oven at 275°F for 2 hours.  

I drained off all the liquid/fat and then coated them with BBQ sauce.  These went under the broiler until caramelized on both sides.  These could easily be finished on a grill too, but I was all cooked out today as I did a tomato pie from scratch as well...

These tasted a bit spicy with heat, lots of other BBQ flavors and were fork tender, melt in the mouth.  No complaints at all.  For $10 this was well worth the price and there is some leftovers for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment