Saturday, January 15, 2022

Cilantro Pumpkin Seed Pesto

I've been into making pesto lately.  This was the next one after a friend recommended making one with cilantro.  I made this to serve in pitas with falafels and white garlic sauce.  

  • 1 bunch & 1/2 organic cilantro, ends trimmed off
  • 1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
  • 1/4 cup organic hemp hearts
  • Pinch of crushed chili flakes
  • 1 clove of garlic, smashed
  • 2 organic limes, zested and juiced
  • 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2/3 cup Asiago cheese, grated
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste

I used my "Ninja" blender for this.  I cut the bunches of cilantro in half and tucked it in the blender.  I added the seeds, chili, garlic, zest & juice, cheese and sesame oil.  Below is looking down on after it it was all in...


I pulsed until chopped finely, scraping the sides down with a spatula a few times.  I then streamed the olive oil slowly while the blender was on full power. 


YUM!!!!  Tasting straight out of the blender was fabulous.  Can't wait to taste again when the flavors bloom.  Mmm, mmm.  I enjoyed this much more than the kale pesto.  I drizzled more olive oil over it, covered and put it in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment