Saturday, January 29, 2022

Blueberry Banana Hemp Muffins

This wasn't my recipe.  I have never used spelt flour before and once I made almond flour muffins for a gluten free friend and I couldn't get them out of the pan!  So I needed some help and I found inspiration here.  What I used:

  • 2 organic bananas
  • 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
  • 2 organic eggs
  • 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
  • 1 cup super-fine almond flour
  • 1 cup organic sprouted spelt flour
  • 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup organic ground hemp hearts, and more for muffin tops
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 6 ounces fresh blueberries, washed and dried



Preheat the oven to 350°F.  


In a stand mixer I paddled the bananas till mashed.  I added all the liquid ingredients and mixed until combined.  I followed with the dry ingredients.  I took the bowl off the stand and folded in the blueberries.  I evenly doled out the batter into a jumbo muffin pan of  six that was generously coated with cooking spray.  I sprinkled hemp hearts over the tops.


These went in for 30 minutes or a toothpick inserted was clean.  


I let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then moved them to a rack.  I served my taste tester one with some butter smeared on.


These were really good!  For being super healthy and no sugar, I don't think it was noticeable at all.  I would/will definitely make these again.  Nice nutty taste to them and we lucked out as the blueberries were delish and sweet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment