Monday, March 28, 2016

Roasted Fennel and Artichoke Hearts

I am so NOT a fan of Martha Stewart, but after I opened a large jar of artichokes from Costco, I decided to look for something to do with them.  I knew I would never eat them straight out of the jar. Had I read the jar, and that it said: "once opened, use within 7 days", I wouldn't have even bought them.  I would only buy them now if I had to make a "dip" for company or a gathering.


I have made so much heavy food as of late, I just wanted something that wasn't loaded with carbs.  Anyway, I found "her" recipe and thought I'd try it.  I am a HUGE fan of fennel.  Love it raw in salads.

It was pretty easy to prepare.  I drained the jar and squished out as much water from the artichokes as I could between paper towels.  I cut them in half.  I chopped the fennel, saving some fronds and tossed it all in olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet.  I seasoned with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt.


I set my oven for 375°F and checked it after 20 minutes.  I flipped the pieces and put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes.  Out of the oven I tossed with a little more oil, the parsley and fennel fronds.  I finished with some fresh squeezed lemon juice.


Nice side dish.  Loved the roasted fennel!  This was a good way to use those artichokes. (I have one jar left for the next time I need to make a "spinach, artichoke dip".  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment