Saturday, March 19, 2016

Kimchi Pancakes, Szechuan Green Beans and Pork Egg Rolls

I was already making green beans tonight which I've already posted about before.  A recipe for Kimchi pancakes came up on my internet surfing travels today and I decided to make that too.  I based it on this recipe here.  The egg rolls came right out of a bag (frozen) from Costco.  I really like these egg rolls - they are individually wrapped too - something like you'd get at 7/11.  ;)


I dumped the kimchi into a bowl and sliced a couple of green onions and put that in too.  




I also added in a tablespoon of fish sauce (wasn't necessary in hindsight).  I made the batter in a different bowl and mixed it all together.  


I covered it and put in the fridge until ready.  I made the dipping sauce in a ramekin and put that aside.  


I heated my non-stick pan with avocado oil.  I know I should have done the batter in 3 pancakes but I didn't, I just poured it all in.  


That wouldn't be a good idea, and I knew it wouldn't be, as I had a hard time flipping it.  I almost made it by shaking the pan and flipping it in the air, but it folded in half on the flip and then was a bit of a mess when it landed back in the pan and splattered everywhere and then I was just pissed off, lol!  It was darker than I wanted it and I should have flipped it sooner.


The taste was pretty good, though I ended up only eating a few bites.  I will make this again and do it properly.  I was just lazy after the green beans were done and was just trying to hurry up and finish dinner.  The green beans came out excellent, at least.  

My son ate up all the pancake so it wasn't that bad.  I'll do a new post when I do it again.  I looked a bunch of different recipes so will try a different one too.  I would also cut the kimchi into smaller pieces.  Lesson learned, don't try and make one pancake when your recipe says it will make three large ones.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment