Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Philly Cheesesteak Sliders

I had a pack of King's Hawaiian rolls in my freezer and I had to take them out, and now I had to use them.  I thought Philly cheesesteaks sounded good.  I bought 2 New York Strip loins and cooked them in my cast iron pan like here.



I used a large green pepper and onion and sliced them both thinly.  I stir-fried them until soft.  I seasoned with a little "Italian seasoning".


I preheated the oven to 375°F.  I got out my 13" x 9" baking dish and sprayed it with "Pam".  I sliced the buns in half and lined the bottom with them after lightly spreading some mayo on them.  I layered some Gouda cheese slices.

I sliced the steak thinly and tossed with a little Worcestershire sauce.



I put them over the bottom layer.


The onions and peppers were next.  I seasoned those with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt.


I topped with slices of Provolone cheese and then put the tops of the buns down that were also spread lightly with mayo.  I brushed these with melted better and then topped with some finely minced fresh thyme.


Just to spruce it up a little, I grated a couple of tablespoons of Parmesan Reggiano and sprinkled it on top too.  I covered the dish with foil and baked about a half hour.



These were tasty and I think it was good to use a sweet bun with this recipe.  My son really really liked them.  I don't know, maybe I was missing the cheez whiz?  These were cheesy on their own though.  The steak and onions were excellent.  It definitely felt sinful.


No comments:

Post a Comment