Saturday, April 1, 2017

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

I really only planned one meal for the weekend and decided I would make that tomorrow, so I looked in the freezer to see what was available.  There was a pork tenderloin so I took that out.  The nice thing is it doesn't take long to thaw.  I was thinking about roasting it as I didn't feel like making anything too bothersome for dinner.  I had some bacon left so decided to wrap it in it to help with the leanness of the pork.  I searched the cupboard and saw that I had some Weber BBQ rub so thought that would be a good idea too.



Before I started, I put some baby potatoes in the oven to roast at 375°F.  I tossed these with extra virgin olive oil, S&P and fresh tarragon.

For the veg tonight, I just sauteed some halved green beans, chopped red kale and halved cherry tomatoes in some olive oil with a diced jalapeno, minced garlic and S&P.  I would finish this with a dash of balsamic vinegar.

I massaged the tenderloin with the KC rub and seasoned with fresh cracked pepper.


I cut my bacon in half, crosswise and I used 4 slices to complete the loin - I had to pull the bacon to get it to meet at the end.  I wrapped each piece around and then secured with a toothpick.  I got a baking sheet out and lined it with foil.  I put a rack on top.  I put the loin on the rack and brushed the bacon lightly with some pure maple syrup.   I cracked some more pepper over the top.


I put it in the oven half way through the potatoes cooking and 15 minutes later, stir-fried my veg.  I ended up broiling the tenderloin to crisp the bacon.


I let it rest while I finished everything else and then plated.


I had the end piece of the loin and it was okay...  My son said his pieces were "melt in the mouth" tender and he loved the smokiness of the rub on it.  Everything else was really flavorful so dinner turned out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment