Thursday, March 28, 2019

Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin

Is this my first ever Guy Fieri recipe?  It indeed is!  I was away from the office, not feeling so great today and saw it on the t.v.  He made this with Tori Spelling's husband - which seemed really random, lol.  I had all the ingredients, so had to make it.  It looked really good.  I subbed coconut milk for the heavy cream.  I kept all the cheese though, and more...  😉  I forgot the thyme though... ☹  You're supposed to strip a couple of stems and put some leaves in.  Next time...

  • 2 pounds brussels sprouts, cleaned, ends trimmed off and sliced thin
  • 2 cups old cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour 
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (I used a press)
  • Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 1 can (400 ml) organic premium coconut milk, stirred and mixed until cream like 
  • 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs 
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped coarsely for garnish
I preheated the oven to 375°F.  I used cooking spray on a 13" x 9" baking dish.  I figured it would be easier and less dangerous for me to slice the Brussels thinly rather than using my mandolin.  So I did that.  I sliced them all and put them into a big salad bowl, so I would be able to mix everything together.  Below was just the Brussels...


I added these ingredients next:  cheddar cheese, flour, garlic and S&P (the thyme that I forgot would go here).  I tossed it all with my hands to mix well.  


I pressed it all down into the baking dish and poured the coconut milk over top.  


I mixed the panko, Parmesan and olive oil in a bowl and sprinkled it over the top.


I baked for an hour, then served garnished with parsley.  We had boneless, skinless chicken breast with a sweet/spicy sauce I made and home red potato fries.


The Brussels were DELICIOUS!!!  I would make this again and AGAIN,  for company and at home in heart beat.  YUM!  So glad I found this on food t.v. today - it will be a keeper - and just like I made it with my edits.  I haven't enjoyed eating at Guy's restaurants (been to 2) but this recipe was A-OK.  Most the chicken and taters were left on my plate, but I went back for another scoop of the sprouts.  As Guy would say, "Winner, winner, Brussels Sprouts dinner!"



No comments:

Post a Comment