Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese

I saw my son looking at this on social media so told him I would make it for him.  It was sure easy for me to put on the table for a weeknight.  I used:

  • 4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese (son told me not to buy the whipped stuff)
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped finely

  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • 4 slices natural, no preservatives sourdough bread
  • 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
  • 6 slices nitrate free natural bacon, cooked till crisp (I baked mine on a rack in the oven) and halved

I mixed the cream cheese with the garlic, S&P and jalapeno.  I buttered the outside of the bread and put 2 slices in the frying pan.


I spread cream cheese over, cheddar, bacon and then cheddar.




I put the other slice of cream cheese, buttered bread on top.


I grilled both sides till brown and voilà, done.


Both sandwiches went to my son, but I did steal a corner so I could taste.  What you imagine it tasted like is probably exactly as it did...


What a cheesy, ooey gooey delicious mess!  Yes, 3 million calories, but my son deserves a treat once in a while as he eats pretty healthy on most days.  I gave him a side salad, so it would look less guilty.  😊


No comments:

Post a Comment