Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Curried Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups

I bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco and this is what came to my mind to make for dinner.



What I used:
  • A container of living butter lettuce, roots removed, washed and separated into "cups"
  • 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, then cubed (bones, etc. into freezer for stock)
  • 2 cups of red seedless grapes, halved
  • 1/2 a red onion, diced
  • 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup 10% fat Greek honey yogurt (for sweetness)
  • 1/2 lemon, zested and juice
  • 1 cup toasted pecans, then chopped 
  • 1 teaspoon garam masala 
  • 1 teaspoon mild madras curry 
  • 3 small celery ribs, sliced
  • Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped and for garnish
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • Shichimi Togarashi seasoning, to taste
I got the lettuce ready and then all the other ingredients went into the pool!  Onions first:


Celery:


Chicken:


Grapes:


Pecans:


Cilantro:


Yogurts, lemon juice, lemon rind, curries, togarashi, S&P:


I mixed, covered with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for an hour for the flavors to meld.  I gave one more thorough mix when it came out.  I checked seasoning, then dropped one heaping tablespoon into each cup.


I garnished with more cilantro.


I served my son his with some triangles of bread.  I ate mine as is.  We both loved it.  Such great flavors and textures.  The curry was fabulous and the togarashi spiced it nice.  The grapes were perfectly sweet and everything seemed in harmony and balanced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment