Sunday, March 12, 2017

Chicken/Shrimp, Asparagus, Bell Pepper, Cabbage, Mushrooms & Onions Stir-Fry

I made two different stir-fry pans today since my son has such pure disdain for asparagus.  I just used a frozen pack of Green Giant Asian veggies for his and I added some shrimp (1 lb) to his as well.  I also served his over rice where I just had mine without, though I stole a few of his shrimp for my pan so he probably had 3/4 of a lb.


I did all my mise en place first.  I cut the chicken (4 half breasts, skinless and boneless) into bite sized pieces, seasoned with pepper and put it back in the fridge.  Below was for both of us.


I cut all my veggies next, put them in a big bowl, covered them up and put them in the fridge.  They  were all for me, me, me.  :)


As soon as I did that, I realized I forgot to cut the bell pepper, so I added that.


I finished by cutting the ginger  (1/4 cup) and garlic (8 cloves).  I added a pinch of crushed chilies to it.  Below was split between us.


I chopped some cilantro (handful) for the garnish.  I made about a half cup of chicken broth and mixed a tablespoon of cornstarch in.  I used avocado oil to fry everything.

I started by frying the chicken first, then removed it and added the veggies.


I added the ginger and garlic in when the veggies seemed soft.  I put the chicken back in, the shrimp and the broth.  I used a quarter cup for each pan.  I also put a few drops of sesame oil in.  I added some reduced sodium soy sauce.


I garnished with some fresh squeezed lemon juice and the cilantro.


Very fresh and crisp.  The shrimp were a nice addition and cilantro was a nice finish.  LOTS leftover for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment