Sunday, March 26, 2017

Toasted Sardine Sandwich

Sundays I get up really early and drive my son to work for 7am because I'm a nice mom.  I usually come home to watch early morning cooking shows and go back to bed for a nap after.  I was starving this morning, so decided to make one of my favorite sandwiches.  My dad used to make these when we were kids and I grew fond of them.  That being said, I don't like the "Brunswick Sardines" in the grocery store that he used now.  It's quite easy to find European ones and even wild ones now at some of the grocery stores I frequent, and I always buy them in olive oil.  Sardines have lots of good health benefits, like Omega 3's and more.  I always keep a stash on hand in my cupboard.



I used the Portuguese ones today as they had chili in them and I was feeling that.  Is that weird for Sunday breakfast at 8am?


I had some healthy Silver Hills bread and used that.   On that toast I used cream cheese on one side and Dijon mustard on the other.


I had some organic spring mix salad greens so put some of those on too and that was it.  I did put a squeeze of fresh lemon over the sardines when they went on the toast.  I finished with a crack of fresh pepper.



Delish!  A very tasty, spicy sandwich and the lemon was bright to the taste of it.  Sardines are soooo underrated, I think.  I'll take it over a tuna sandwich every time.  And with that, I think I hear my bed calling to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment