Monday, January 4, 2016

Farro Pilaf

I looked a lot of recipes and then just made my own recipe with what I had in the fridge at the time.  I used President's Choice Blue Menu Italian Farro.  I just followed the cooking directions on the box for it.



Then I sauteed:
  • Red Onion
  • Lots of garlic (5 minced cloves)
  • Chili Flakes (generous sprinkling to taste)
  • Grape Tomatoes (halved and I threw these in at the end)
  • Sliced Mushrooms 
  • Kale (stalks removed, bunched up and then sliced thinly)
I added in the Farro, mixed and sauteed again.



My dinner this evening was Grilled Pork Chops which were marinated overnight with “Stubb’s Texas Butter” and injected with it. I finished the Farro pilaf with Italian parsley and fresh grated Parmesan cheese (which I forgot to put on before I took the picture below). I roasted the green beans in the oven on parchment paper with S&P, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.  Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment