Thursday, January 14, 2016

Oven Baked Chicken Tacos

I used this recipe as a base for our "Taco Thursday" dinner tonight.  For the filling I used:

  • 1/2 a large Onion
  • 1/2 lb of  Mushrooms
  • 2 Cloves Garlic minced
  • Costco Rotisserie Chicken
  • Package of Mrs. Dash Chili No Salt Seasoning
  • Can of Aylmer Chili Tomatoes, drained
  • Small can of Green Chilies



After chopping the veggies, I sauteed them until soft, then I added the diced chicken, tomatoes, chilies and Mrs. Dash seasoning.  I simmered it for about 10 minutes.


In the meantime, I heated 10 Stand & Stuff taco shells in the oven at 350°F for five minutes.  If you don't do this, the shells will break when you are trying to stuff them.  I grated some Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese.  I sprayed a 13" x 9" baking dish with Pam.  I stuffed the shells and topped them with the cheese.



I baked these for 15 minutes.


I served with dollops of sour cream and salsa and garnished with Cilantro.  Perfect!!!  This is a great, quick dinner with leftovers for lunch the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment